Tuesday, June 18

Review: Biore UV Perfect Milk

If I am stranded on a deserted island and I can only have one skin care product with me, I will probably not take anything with me because skin care will not be able to save me from starvation. But if I have to choose, I will opt for sun protecting with no hesitation.

Sunblock has been an essential part of my life since I was about 14 years old. I used to read magazines like CLEO and I remember that the beauty editor going on and on about the importance of sun protection. Well, I was convinced after a couple of issues and I picked up the Biore UV Perfect Milk. Biore has quite a number of facial sunblock but I use the sunblock for face and body because you get much more product as compared to the other variants for the same price. The product has never broken me out and I have continued to use in until now.


The Biore UV Perfect Milk is an extremely lightweight SPF50 sunblock that gets absorbed really fast. It does have milky texture that is so ridiculously lightweight and it feels like absolutely nothing on the skin. The product is not sticky at all and it doesn't make you look shiny after application. It dries down to a somewhat powdery finish which I absolutely love. It's supposedly waterproof as well and that makes this a suitable companion for the beach and the pool. Another perk of the product is the nice fragrance. The scent is not overpowering by any means but I do like that it has a mild fragrance and there is no trace of the sunblock scent at all.


Do bear in mind that the Biore UV Perfect Milk is not a meant to be a moisturizing and it should not replace your moisturizer. It's only purpose is sun protection so I recommend for this to be an  extra step to your skin care routine. I like to have a separate sunblock and moisturizer because I find that most moisturizers that comes with sun protection are only equipped with a SPF15 to SPF30 protection and I don't think that it's sufficient for me in Singapore where it's summer all year round. I like to switch up my moisturizer as well and it's just much more convenient for me to have seperate sunblock.


I've tried the Biore Aqua Rich UV Gel as well when the UV Perfect Milk was out of stock but I didn't like it as much. The Biore Aqua Rich UV Gel is more moisturizing but I didn't like the consistency because it felt slightly heavier and took a much longer time to be fully absorbed. It does have more skin care properties in it so it may be an option for those who likes their sunblock to be multipurpose.

I use this on my clean face every morning and I don't think I can live without it. Sun protection is so important to me and I'm glad that I've found such a great quality and affordable sunblock. I have a couple of backups and I don't think I'll use any other sunblock for my face. Sign me up for a lifetime repurchase programme! 

No comments:

Post a Comment