Thursday, May 19

Review: The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner has got to be one of the best beauty discoveries I've made this year. My boyfriend picked this up when he was battling with acne and he stopped using it because he found it to be too drying for this skin. He uses it with other acne-fighting products so the overall effect can really dry out the skin. I don't have acne but I really like tea tree for its antibacterial properties and I didn't want the whole bottle to go to waste so I started using it instead.


This toner is designed to be shaken before use. I'm not sure what the milky settlement is but you have to shake the bottle quite vigorously to get it to mix in properly. I apply it all over my face with a cotton pad and I absolutely love the scent of tea tree. This toner also contains witch hazel so it really cleanses your skin from any residue cleanser and sebum. 


I don't actually have troubled skin so I'm not sure how this works in that aspect but for my normal to combination skin, the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner is surprisingly nice. It was a bit drying at first but my skin quickly got accustomed to it and I can use it twice a day without it drying out my skin. 


Overall, I like toners that make my skin feels clean while leaving no sticky residue and this is exactly that. Most of The Body Shop toners come in 200ml bottles but the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner is a whooping 400ml for the same price. I'll definitely pick this up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment