Tuesday, July 16

Review: Mario Badescu Rose Hips Nourishing Oil

I received a sample of the Mario Badescu Rose Hips Nourishing Oil with one of my purchases some time ago and I didn't really pay much attention to it. I first used it when I had some dry patches on my face. I applied the oil directly to the dry patches after my moisturizer and I was surprised that it got rid of the dry patches completely within two applications!


I love oils but mostly for my body and hair because I'm not really comfortable with having a greasy face. The consistency of the Mario Badescu Rose Hips Nourishing Oil is surprisingly light and it's relatively less greasy than most oils but do bear in mind that it's still an oil so some greasiness is to be expected.


The Mario Badescu Rose Hips Nourishing Oil works wonders for dry skin. I do get a little eczema under my right eye occasionally and I apply the oil directly to the area. The product is so moisturizing that it only take a few applications to get rid of the problem area completely. I also enjoy using this as an under eye treatment once to twice a week. I tap about half a drop of the oil under each eye and I really like how hydrating and rejuvenating it is.


The recommended way to use this product is utilize it like a serum before applying your moisturizer. I squeeze about two to three drops of the oil onto my palms and tap it into my skin. Be careful not to squeeze too much of the oil because it can get really greasy! It's still slightly greasy even when I use it moderately so I do recommend that you use this at night. The oil doesn't absorb completely and I usually apply my nighttime moisturizer on top of the oil after waiting for a couple of minutes. It makes my nighttime moisturizer glide on so smoothly and it makes it feel so luxurious. It does leave a thin layer of grease on my face but it doesn't bother me because I only use this at night.


I have tried mixing the oil and my moisturizer together but I'm not fond of this method of application because it makes my moisturizer really runny and I feel like it's much greasier this way.

I've been using the Mario Badescu Rose Hips nourishing oil for weeks now and my skin's texture has improved noticeably. It's such a versatile product and I think it will be a great companion in winter. I will definitely get a full-size once I've finish up the sample!

No comments:

Post a Comment