Thursday, May 29

Review: The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Body Polish

The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Body Polish is a limited edition body polish released for Christmas. I think The Body Shop re-releases the same scents (Vanilla Bliss, Cranberry Joy and Ginger Sparkle) every Christmas so you'll probably be able to find this product in stores later this year.


Vanilla Bliss is my favourite Christmas scent from The Body Shop. It smells just like cake, very sweet and decadent. I got a little sick of the scent after awhile because it was pretty sweet but it was still tolerable. The Vanilla Bliss Body Polish is the only body polish that has a cream formula. The Cranberry Joy and Ginger Sparkle are both gel formulas, similar to the Satsuma and Strawberry, which are part of the permanent line.


For an exfoliating product, the body polish lathers up surprisingly well. It's really creamy and
moisturising so I think it's suitable for daily use. I think the same properties might not apply to the other body polishes from The Body Shop due to their gel formulations. The product doesn't contain a lot of exfoliating particles and I don't think it is the best product for that purpose. I used this like a body wash every night and I usually use it with a loofah to get a really pampering lather. I have eczema on my legs and daily use of this product did not irritate my skin at all. I actually think the loofah itself is more exfoliating than the body polish. Even though it did not serve its purpose as an exfoliator, it was still a really nice treat for dry skin.

I did really enjoy The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Body Polish but not enough to try the other scents. I have since moved on to another body scrub and I'll review it very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment