Saturday, August 24

Review: TheBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder

I am a matte kind of girl. I really love dewy complexions but my oily T-zone makes it really hard for me to pull off the dewy look. I go from dewy to oily so quickly and it's really not very flattering. I picked up TheBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder when it was sale and I didn't think much of it but it really blew me away!


I set my liquid foundation with TheBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder and I find that it really helps my makeup stay on much longer. I have some foundations that slides off my face really quickly and they actually stay on for a much longer period of time when set with this powder. This is one of the powders that I reach for when I have a really long day.

The powder is completely mattifying so it can make your natural/dewy foundation look completely matte. I do appreciate a neat matte look so I don't mind it but if you like your makeup to look more natural, this powder may not be for you. If you look at the powder really, really closely, you can see a very light amount of shimmer in the powder but that does't transfer to your skin at all.


As you can see in the picture above, the powder is not as translucent as it claims to be. It can definitely make you look a little washed out if you apply too much of the powder, especially if you're not in the typical "light" shade range. I am a light-medium to medium and I can still get away with this but the powder does leave me with a white cast if I apply too much of it.


I've never heard much about TheBalm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Translucent Powder and it's such a shame because it's a great mattifying powder for combination to oily skin. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment