Friday, May 23

Review: The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-Up Remover

The Body Shop released a new range of makeup removers some time last year and the line had two eye makeup removers - the Camomile Gentle Eye Make-up Remover and the Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-up Remover. I needed something to remove my waterproof mascara so I picked up the Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-up Remover.


It is a typical waterproof eye makeup remover with a oil + water content that has to be shaken before use. Unlike many others, this eye makeup remover is colourless throughout and does not contain a blue component. I thought that was rather nice because I don't really want to get colouring into my eyes while trying to remove coloured products from my eyes.


This remover is supposed to be "suitable for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers" so I guess that it is meant to be very gentle. I do not have sensitive skin nor do I wear contacts but I do find that this is one of the most gentle waterproof eye makeup removers that I've tried. Because you're cleaning off mascara, it is inevitable that some of the remover get into your eye and I've had experiences of really bad stinging before. I've been using this remover consistently for the past few months and I've never experienced any stinging.

I usually soak up a cotton pad with the product and hold it to my eye for about a minute before wiping it off with one strong swipe. I find that this is not sufficient to get rid of all the waterproof mascara completely and I do have to go back in with a couple more swipes. You need to hold the cotton pad soaked in the remover to your lashes for at least a minute. Otherwise, you will have a hard time removing the mascara and you will have to wipe at your lashes repeatedly. This will probably result in you losing some eyelashes so I will advise you to skip this remover if you do not have the patience for it.

The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-up Remover comes in a 150ml bottle which means that it is not a carry-on option. I think I would have preferred it to come in a 100ml bottle so that I can bring it on a flight. Packaging wise, I love the spout of the bottle. It gives you so much control on how much product you want to dispense and it keeps the area relatively clean.


Overall, I think The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Make-up Remover does a good job in removing my waterproof mascara and I really like how gentle it is! I do find that it is a little time-consuming to hold the cotton pad to my eye but I don't mind it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment