Monday, May 19

Review: Lush Sympathy for the Skin

Lush describes Sympathy for the Skin as a banana body lotion with "real, organic mashed bananas". I don't know why but I was under the impression that this would smell like a banana smoothie and I just had to get this. I love banana smoothies and I think I would definitely love to smell like one. Unfortunately, it doesn't smell like a banana smoothie at all so that was a little disappointing. I didn't really like the scent at first but I did get used to it after awhile.


The body lotion itself is a great product. It is a somewhat runny cream that has a definite thickness and will require some time to absorb into the skin completely. It can be just a tad too heavy in this crazy humidity and heat so I only use this at night before I go to bed. I have eczema on my legs and it is very important for me to use a moisturising body lotion after I shower and I think this did a very good job in keeping my skin hydrated. I think it does take a little time to sink in completely but once it does, your skin will feel very smooth and moisturised and I think it is well worth it.


I've since finished the entire tub but I will not buy it again because I realised that it contains parabens and triethanolamine. Triethanolamine is quite a huge no-no for me so I will definitely look for other alternatives. Lush Sympathy for the Skin is really good, but not good enough for me to ignore the bad ingredients.


On a side note, Lush is incredibly overpriced in Singapore. This 240g tub retails at S$40 here but you can get it at £11.25 in the UK, which is less than S$25! I understand that there's shipping and import taxes involved but I really can't justify paying almost twice the amount here. Luckily for me, my boyfriend's sister studies in the UK and she very kindly brought this back for me last summer. She also got me the Lemony Flutter which I will review in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment