Sunday, May 18

Review: NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil

I have naturally thick and bushy brows so I can skip filling in my brows. However, I really like a defined brow so I will fill them in whenever I wear makeup. I usually fill in the front of my brows to even them out and the tail of my brow to make them look just a little fuller. I will also fill in any gaps in between.

Because of the nature of my brows, I don't need to spend too much time on them and I prefer to use a fuss-free product like a pencil. I have naturally black hair and eyebrows and I use the NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Charcoal, which is a flat grey that doesn't have any brown tint at all. I also have the product in Black which I reach for when I want to rock a stronger brow.



The NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil comes with a brush at the end for blending. The brush is stiff enough to blend out the product very nicely and I like to blend as I draw to get a more natural look. The pencil itself is a flat oval shape and the formulation itself is pretty dry. Dry formulations are meant to last longer so I don't mind that it isn't a creamy product. The product lasts the whole day on me and I've never had an issue with my brows fading, not even when it's 33°C out.



The pencil is nicely pigmented but I find that I have to apply some pressure to get a better color payoff and that is most likely due to the dry formula. Despite that, I don't think the pencil is hard to work with at all and I really enjoy how my brows look when I use the pencil to fill them in.



I have heard that eyeshadows make a very good brow product as well and I've tried them for a little bit but I find that it's just too much of a hassle. What is your favorite way of filling in your brows? Share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment