Friday, June 6

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss

I have mixed feelings about the Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss. I have two of the lip glosses - Peony and Buff. I find that the formulas differ greatly; Peony feels like a gel formula while Buff is more like a cream. I absolutely love Peony but Buff is just plain awful.


Peony is a light coral with gold glitter. It has a sheerer formula that gives my lips a tint light coral. The gold glitter is not fine enough to be deemed as shimmer but it is not chunky by any means. The gloss goes on very smoothly and levels itself quite nicely. It wears off very nicely as well and doesn't leave much of the gold glitter behind.

Buff is a nude with silver and pink shimmer. The shimmer gives the nude gloss more dimension and prevents it from looking too flat. The color does have a very slight peach lean but I will still call it a straight up nude. Despite being a nude, Buff is much more pigmented that I expected it to be. It's not sheer by any means and it can give you a concealer lip look if you are very pale. The color works alright for me but the formula is really bad. It doesn't glide on as smoothly as Peony and I find that it slips into every fine line of my lips. If you think that rubbing your lips together will solve this problem, you will find yourself in a nightmare. I tried to rub my lips together in an attempt to smooth out the gloss but instead of achieving the look I wanted, most of the gloss moved to the edge of my lips and because the lip gloss is rather pigmented, it creates a very messy effect. I've tried to use Buff on its own and over a lipstick or liner but nothing has worked so far.


The Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss is a hit-or-miss depending on the color. I really enjoy Peony but I won't be picking up anymore of these lip glosses because of my bad experience with Buff. I love Revlon's lip products but this one just didn't do it for me. There are a lot of great lip glosses that have a good and consistent formula and some of my favorites are the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss. Do you have a favorite line of lip glosses? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment