Tuesday, November 25

Review: The Body Shop Concealer Pencil & All-In-One Concealer

The Body Shop's makeup line consists of two concealers: the Concealer Pencil and the All-In-One Concealer.


The Concealer Pencil comes in a chubby stick form which has to be sharpened. The Body Shop also sells the sharpener for the pencil separately but you don't have to get it if you have a suitable sharpener. I have this concealer in shade 04, which is the darkest color in the range available in Singapore. It is a little too dark for me but I can still get away with it. The packaging is a big disappointment for me because I hate to sharpen products. In addition, the cap actually broke a few weeks after I got it and I had to stick it shut with tape.


I dislike this concealer tremendously. I was expecting to apply the concealer from the stick directly to my face and blending it with my fingers but the concealer is way too dry for that to happen comfortably. I find that it is easier to blend when I use a stiff synthetic brush to pick up the product from the pencil tip and apply the product with the brush. This concealer is definitely not for the under-eye area, it's simply too dry for that. I've used it on blemishes and spots and again, I found it to be unsuitable. It's so drying that it cracks and looks cakey shortly after application. It's got decent coverage but if it's not enough for you, you won't be able to build it up without it looking like a cakey mess.


The All-In-One concealer can be considered heaven-sent if you compare it with the Concealer Pencil. My shade is in 03, which was the darkest color available in Singapore at the time I bought it. The Body Shop may have increased the color options but I have not checked out their makeup section in a long time. The color is a little light for me but still works fine as I conceal the mostly the centre of my face. This concealer is extremely creamy and it glides on like a dream. It has a colourless core which contains vitamin E and marula oil and I think that really makes the concealer ultra silky and creamy. It's so creamy and soft that the concealer stick actually broke off while I was using it. It's definitely annoying but I guess it just shows how soft the concealer is.


The coverage of this concealer is very light and is definitely not for you if you have some heavy-duty concealing to do. I use this under my eyes, my forehead, my nose and the area around my nose and I find it perfect for everyday use. This concealer is very thin in texture and can be built up if necessary but I really like the light coverage as it offers a more natural finish. However, if I do get spots or pimples, I will have to use another concealer to get better coverage. You definitely have to set the concealer with powder or it will slip and slide. Despite the sleek texture, it can last very well on the skin if set with a good powder.


Overall, the All-In-One Concealer performs much better than the Concealer Pencil. However, do bear in mind that the coverage is light and you will have to set it with a good powder to make it work. Another thing to note is that the color options for The Body Shop's face products are very limited so do pop into a store to get a match before purchasing!

No comments:

Post a Comment