Wednesday, December 3

Review: Sleek Brow Kit

The Sleek Brow Kit consists of a colored wax and a coordinating powder. The compact and sturdy box includes a good quality mirror, a pair of mini tweezers, a mini angled brush and a mini flat rounded brush. The brushes and tweezers are really tiny and you'll be better off using your own brushes and tweezers but they would work on a pinch if you need something on-the-go.


I picked up the kit in Dark which consists of a slightly warm dark brown wax with a powder that is a few shades lighter. You are supposed to use the wax to shape and fill in your brows then set the wax with the powder for a long-lasting finish. The wax is pretty thick and very creamy and it glides on like a dream. It is also very, very pigmented so you do have to be precise in your application. Get the tiniest amount of product on your brush and work in layers if you need to build up the intensity. The powder is also fairly pigmented and you can definitely use it on its own if you have warmer and lighter hair. The powder has a really creamy texture that blends well and I would use it on its own if the color was a better match.


With a good angled brush, you can achieve a very sculpted brow look. It does fade a tiny bit on me, even after setting it with the powder, but it's nothing major and my brows still look intact. However, for me, I prefer more natural looking brows. Sure, I like sharp lines and defined brows but I don't want my brows to look completely drawn on. The wax doesn't allow you to achieve a very natural look and I very much prefer to use a brow pencil. In addition, if you're not used to wearing brow gel or similar products, you may find the wax to feel a little "heavy" as compared to powders or pencils.


When I first got this brow kit, it was only available in Light, Dark and Extra Dark, all of which are shades of brown. Despite the wax in the Dark kit being a warm brown, it is not too red but it is definitely too dark for my medium skin. As with my hair, my brows are naturally black and even though the brown is really dark, it doesn't blend well with my black hair and I looked like I have multi-colored brows. Sleek has since added a Black kit to the line and I think that might be more suitable.

Overall, the Sleek Brow Kit is great if you like to sport strong brows. It is a great colored wax that fills in your brows and holds unruly hairs in place at the same time. Unfortunately, this product is not what I need in a brow product and I will stick with my NXY Auto Eyebrow Pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment