Monday, June 17

Review: Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lip Gloss

One of my favorite places to shop for makeup is at Changi Airport. I've made it a point to get at least one item every time I leave the country and I stumbled upon an amazing deal for the Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lip Gloss during one of my trips earlier this year. Needless to say, I couldn't resists a good deal and I got two of the lip glosses.

I have the Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lip Gloss in Rose Gold and Berrylicious. I actually picked the two up during two separate trips to the airport and Rose Gold was the first one that I got. The two shades are fairly similar in color and they both have fine gold shimmer running through them.


Berrylicious is the darker shade of the two and it's a lovely shade of berry. Rose Gold is a brown nude shade that has a berry undertone. The golden shimmer in the two lip glosses are extremely fine and they are not chunky by any means. They do add a nice touch of shimmer on my lips but in a very subtle manner. Rose Gold definitely has more golden shimmer than Berrylicious but the shimmer is still subtle. The swatches of Berrylicious and Rose Gold are pictured below.


The formulation of the Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lip Gloss is great. They're rather pigmented so they wear nicely on their own or layered over a lipstick. In terms of wear time, they do last for a good number of hours and they wear off very nicely with no flaky look. The lip gloss doesn't have the "wet look" that some high shine lip glosses have and I think that makes these a good option for more formal looks. 

The Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lip Glosses are great in terms of color and wear and I will get more of them in the future. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you know any other lip products that share the same shape as this Elizabeth Arden Rosegold lip gloss? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Rose Pearl is a pretty close color but I prefer the formulation of these Elizabeth Arden lip glosses.

      Delete