Wednesday, November 19

Review: NIVEA Creme

I went to Beijing for vacation this summer and the dry air coupled with the dust caused my eczema to flare up badly. My regular moisturizer offered no relief to my dry and itchy skin and I was looking for a quick fix. There weren't many travel sized body moisturizers available so I picked up the NIVEA Creme. The NIVEA Creme is highly raved about for its moisturizing properties so I thought I would give it a whirl.


The cream is extremely thick and I find it really hard to spread all over my skin. It definitely leaves a film on top of your skin and it never seems to fully sink in. It doesn't stain my sheets or clothes but it definitely feels uncomfortable and I don't enjoy it, not even in the night. It did offer a little comfort when I applied it directly to my eczema area but I don't think it is sufficiently moisturizing. My eczema did not get any better and my skin still felt parched and itchy.


I know that there are people who use this on their face as a moisturizer or a makeup remover and I don't think I dare to do that. If it doesn't work for my body, I don't think it would work for my face. I can't imagine how this would sit on my face and how greasy I would look!


As a whole, I'm not impressed with the NIVEA Creme at all and I will not purchase it again. If this product works for you, do share with me how you use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment