Sunday, May 24

Review: NYX Slide On Pencil & Wonder Pencil

I'm a big fan of highlighting my inner corner. It really makes a world of difference, especially on my permanently tired eyes. Instead of using a shimmery eye shadow on the entire inner corner, I prefer to draw a slight line from the inner corner extending to the front portion of my lower lash line. I don't line my waterline because I find that my eyes look too opened and scary so these pencils are used on the lash line only.


The Slide On (Glide On, Stay On & Definitely A Turn On Water Proof, Extreme Shine) Eye Liner is a buttery soft pencil that lasts amazingly well. I have it in Pure White and I love it for a dramatic pop of brightness. The colour is opaque in one application but I prefer to use this lightly to achieve a more natural look. This pencil lasts all day on me and it hangs around even when my eyes are watery. It does fade a little throughout the day but the fading is minimal. I have tried to line my waterline with this but the colour just doesn't transfer and it could be because it's just too creamy to cling onto the waterline. I've seen some reviews online saying that this pencil cannot be sharpened and that is not true. I use the Sephora sharpener to sharpen this pencil and it works perfectly.


The Wonder Pencil is meant to be a concealer pencil which you can use to correct and conceal specific points like along your lips or under your brow bone. For me, I feel that this pencil is way too dry to look good as a concealer pencil. As a inner corner highlighter, this pencil doesn't last as long as the Slide On Pencil and it tends a flake a little bit due to its dry formula. I have used it to correct my lip line a couple of times and I don't think this pencil is opaque enough to serve that purpose. I have it in Light and I love the colour because it looks really natural yet brightening. This pencil does transfer onto the waterline but it doesn't last for that purpose at all.


In comparison, the Slide On Pencil is a clear winner in terms of formulation and longevity but it doesn't come in a nude colour which is a real bummer. I might look into getting a darker colour (that is not black) for my upper lash line. Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment