Tuesday, March 10

Review: Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15

The Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 is one of my favourite lip products of all time. I used these tinted lip balms all throughout my winter holiday in Beijing last year and they were so amazing. I find it so difficult to wear colour on my lips when they are dry and cracking because many lipsticks and lip glosses tend to worsen my lips' condition and everything just goes downhill when my lips start to peel. These tinted lip balms were an absolute life saviour. Not only are they ultra nourishing and healing, they are also nicely pigmented and they gave me a surprisingly decent wash of colour over my lips.


The formulation of the Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 is amazing. A little SPF is always good. I tend to neglect my lips when it comes to sun protection so it doesn't hurt to have a good lip treatment that helps. These lip balms are also intensely moisturising and they actually heal my dry and peeling lips while offering my lips a nice coat of colour. It's really rare to find a product that can do both. You do feel the lip balm on your lips but it's nothing obnoxious. Despite having floral names, these Tinted Lip Treatment actually smell like lemons. It's actually quite citrusy and I'm not a fan of the scent but the product itself is way too good for me to give up.


I have it in two shades: Petal and Rose. I purchased Petal myself and the Rose miniature was a free sample from Sephora. Rose is probably the most famous shade of the line and it is a sheer red that adds just a tiny hint of color to your lips. It's definitely the sheerer of the two and the colour is very simple and classic. It doesn't pack much of a punch but it's definitely a gem when it comes to livening up your look with a sheer wash of dusty red.


Petal looks more like a warm dusty pink. I'm not entirely sure how to describe the colour. It is definitely a slightly darker and muted pink when worn on my lips but there is just a really slight tinge of peachiness that makes the shade look a just a tad fresher and younger.


The Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment retails at S$33 at Sephora. That's quite a hefty price tag for a tinted lip balm but trust me, it is worth every single cent. I would love to pick up a few more shades of the Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment