Wednesday, November 27

Review: Caudalie Moisturizing Toner

Toner is a very important step in my skin care regime. There was once I forgot to bring my toner with me on a holiday and my skin protested after the first day. It's so important to apply toner with a cotton pad after cleansing your face to remove any residual dirt and cleanser. This sounds really gross but I can always see some oil and dirt on the cotton pad that I used to apply my toner so I do believe that toner is needed to thoroughly cleanse your skin.

I picked up the Caudalie Moisturizing Toner as a replacement for The Body Shop Vitamin E HydratingToner that I've been using. I really enjoy the Vitamin E Hydrating Toner but I wanted to try something new. I've been wanting to try Caudalie products for awhile now so I thought it was a good time to venture into their basic skin care. 


The Caudalie Moisturizing Toner is a very basic toner that promises to cleanse and moisturize. It does a pretty good job at cleansing but I don't think it is particularly moisturizing. The toner gets rid of any residual sebum on my skin but it doesn't leave my skin feeling stripped and extremely squeaky clean, which I appreciate. However, I don't think the toner has helped my skin in terms of hydration.


Caudalie products do not contain parabens and are suitable for sensitive skin. I do not have sensitive skin but I've been experiencing quite a lot of hormonal breakouts recently and I find that the Caudalie Moisturizing Toner has done a good job in calming my pimples. I've noticed that my pimples look considerably less angry after using the toner and I really like how gentle the toner is.

The Caudalie Moisturizing Toner is an excellent basic toner that cleanses and refreshes. It is not particularly hydrating so you may want to give this a miss if you're looking for a moisturizing toner. I don't really need my toner to be moisturizing so I'm not too bothered by this. I really enjoy using the Caudalie Moisturizing Toner and I can't wait to try out more products from Caudalie!

2 comments:

  1. Hey=) just found your blog. Love your blog=) I'm thinking of trying this toner but I heard a lot of mix review. I have oily skin, what do you think? My blog=> http://thelifeandbeauty.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I have combination skin & I feel that it helps to balance out my skin rather than strip it dry & I really like that! It doesn't contain harsh ingredients like witch hazel so you wouldn't get the squeaky clean feeling but I've been enjoying it so far. Give it a try if you would like to incorporate a mild toner into your skin care regime!

      Delete