Tuesday, January 28

Review: The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes

Face wipes are one of my travel essentials and is not an item that I use on a day to day basis. I do not depend on face wipes to remove my makeup because I don't think they can do a better job than my favorite makeup cleansing oil. I usually use face wipes to freshen up my skin after a flight or in the middle of a long day when I'm not wearing makeup and that is usually when I'm on a vacation.


I've gone through two packs of The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes and I really enjoy them. The facial cleansing wipes are supposed to "remove makeup, impurities and dull skin cells". I will not discuss about its makeup removing properties because I do not use it for that purpose but I can say that the wipes are efficient in removing dirt and excess sebum. My skin does feel more refreshed after using it but I do not think it really removes dull skin cells. The wipes are not exfoliating at all. On a contrary, the cloth itself is really soft and gentle and does not irritate the skin.


The facial cleansing wipes are cleansing but it doesn't strip your skin off all its moisture. I find the wipes to be slightly moisturizing and I never have to reapply any moisturizer after using it. It does leave a little residue on your skin after you use it but it sinks in after a short while, leaving your skin feeling clean, soft and supple.

On a side note, I'm keen to try out new face wipes and I've been doing some research recently. I found out that many drugstore options like the Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes and the Nivea Refreshing Cleansing Wipes contain parabens. It's quite a bummer because I've heard so much rave reviews about the Simple Cleansing Wipes. What are your favorite face wipes? Do you have any recommendations for paraben-free face wipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment