Wednesday, April 13

Review: The Body Shop Shimmer Waves

The Body Shop Shimmer Waves in Blush is a compact that consists of a white and four different shades of pink. You can use the colours either individually or together to achieve different looks for different purposes.


I only use this as a highlighter, either concentrating more on the white for a more pronounced highlight or swirling the colours together for a muted look. You can also choose to use the darker shades of pink as a blush. I only use this as a highlighter as I find the sheen a little too much if used as a blush all over the cheeks.


Honestly, I don't reach for this highlighter much as pink tones do not really suit my skin colour. This product also has a very metallic sheen to it and I really don't fancy it. Don't get me wrong, I love shimmery highlighters such as The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer and NARS Albatross but the Shimmer Waves is just too frosty for me.



I just couldn't get around to using the Shimmer Waves much even though I've had it for quite some time. I've since gotten rid of it and I've learnt my lesson to never get a pink highlighter ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment