Tuesday, May 21

My Current Go-To Nail Products

I don't usually paint my fingernails because I am the best at ruining my nails before the lacquer is dry. However, I am slightly better at protecting my toenails so I do paint them rather often. There are some products that I never switch up in my current routine and they are:

1. Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat
2. Sally Hansen Dry Kwik
3. Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil
4. Sally Hansen Extra Strength Polish Remover for All Skin Types


I don't have a favorite base coat and currently, I'm using the Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat. I don't think this dries much faster that other base coats but it does what it's supposed to do and help prevent my nails from yellowing.


The Sally Hansen Dry Kwik is a dryer that is supposed to help your nails dry in one minute. It comes with a stiff clear brush and it is advised that you apply the product on top of your nail color after it has dried for one minute. I have ruined my nail color before with the brush and I usually wait for about five minutes after my last coat of nail color before applying this product. The main ingredient of this product is mineral oil so it will get everywhere if you apply the product generously. I find that the top layers of my nail polish do dry very quickly when I use this but the layers beneath still need hours to dry so you can still ruin your nails if you apply pressure on your nails.


On days that my nails are not painted, I use the Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil to give my nails a shot of nutrients. I use the applicator to dab one drop of the product on each of my nail and I massage the oil all over my nails and cuticles with my fingers.


As the name suggests, it is an oil-based product and it will get oily when you use it. I only use this before I sleep and I haven't seen any oil stains on my bed so I don't think it's an issue.

I've been using the Sally Hansen Extra Strength Polish Remover ever since I started painting my nails, which was years ago when I was in my early teens. It was what my mum used so it was the very first nail polish remover that I've tried. I have deviated a little and tried other removers but I always end up going back to this one. This product removes my nail polish very quickly and I don't think I've tried any other removers that do a better job.

I think it will take me a really long time to finish up the Sally Hansen Dry Kwik and Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil because the bottles seem untouched even though I've had them for quite awhile. I may try something else after I've finished them and I'll try to post an update! 

No comments:

Post a Comment