Thursday, June 20

My Current Go-To Everyday Skin Care Products

Makeup is an optional part of my daily routine but I can never skip my skin care routine. Some of the products in my current routine are staples while others are products that I'm testing out or trying to finish. Here's what I've been using lately:

1. The Body Shop Hydrating Toner
2. Za Total Hydration Amino Mineral Refreshing Gel
3. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream
4. Academie Hydrating Treatment Light Fluid
5. Biore UV Perfect Milk
6. Boots Cucumber Whitening Eye Gel
7. The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream
8. Garnier Light Eye Brightening Roll-On
9. Style Aromatherapy Moroccan Argan Hair Moisturizer
10. Rexona Whitening Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
11. The Body Shop White Musk Smooth Satin Body Lotion
12. The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter
13. Laleli Olive Oil
14. Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail and Cuticle Oil
15. Boots Ingredients Tomato & Tangerine Hand and Nail Cream


The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner is one of the best toners that I've tried. It has great cleansing and hydrating properties and it is definitely a staple in my routine! I use this after I wash my face in the morning and night before any other skin care products.


I use the Za Total Hydration Amino Mineral Refreshing Gel under makeup because I find that gel moisturizers are absorbed very quickly and it helps me to save time in my morning skin care routine.


On days that I don't wear makeup, I use The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream instead of the Za Total Hydration Amino Mineral Refreshing Gel. I use this under makeup or at night sometimes depending on how my skin feels.


I'm currently using the Academie Hydrating Treatment Light Fluid as my night cream. This moisturizer sinks in really quickly and I like how it doesn't feel sticky. I do feel like a need a more heavy-duty moisturizer at night but this will do for the time being.


In the mornings, I use the Biore UV Perfect Milk for face and body. I cannot live without sunblock and I will repurchase this until the end of time.


I'm almost always running late in the morning and I tend to go for gel products more often as with my moisturizer. This applies to my eye care as well. I use the Boots Cucumber Whitening Eye Gel in the morning and this works perfectly under my makeup. It's not moisturizing enough for my liking but it's very refreshing and I like how it feels on my skin.


At night, I use the The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream. This can be used under makeup but I rarely do so because I'm just too lazy to wait for it to sink in fully before applying my makeup.


I'm still trying to use up the Garnier Light Eye Brightening Roll-On. I use this in the night after I've applied my eye cream. This is a nice product to have in my skin care routine but it doesn't really do much for me.


I've been battling with dry and damaged hair for as long as I remember and I need to have a leave-in hair moisturizer. The Style Aromatherapy Moroccan Argan Hair Moisturizer was gifted to me and I've about one-third left. I would never purchase something that has the word "aromatherapy" stamped on it because I'm not a fan of such scents. Thankfully, this one doesn't smell too bad and it does help to moisturize my hair. I use this on damp hair straight out of the shower.


Singapore is a ridiculously hot and humid place and an anti-perspirant deodorant is a must for me to feel clean and dry. I use this in the morning after my shower and it really helps me to feel clean for the entire day.


I have dry skin with some patches of eczema and it is a must for me to apply body lotion after a shower. In the mornings, I like to use something lighter and fragrant. I've been using body lotions from The Body Shop in the mornings for years and I think their formulations are pretty similar. They're pretty hydrating and I love most of their scents. I'm currently using the White Musk Smooth Satin Body Lotion.


I've mentioned previously that I prefer to use moisturizers that are heavier at night and I use The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter. As with the body lotions that I use, I've been using body butters from The Body Shop for years as well and I like to try out the difference scents.


I have eczema so the body butter is not sufficient for me in certain areas. I use the Laleli Olive Oil for my knees, elbows and my eczema to provide an extra dose of moisture. It is a thick and greasy oil so I only use this at night.


I have badly chipped fingernails and I try to use the Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil every night. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my nails so this is something that I apply every now and then. I am trying to do it on a daily basis though!


The Boots Ingredients Tomato & Tangerine Hand & Nail Cream is my hand cream of the moment. I'm not very fussy when it comes to hand cream and this is what I'm using after showers and before bedtime. This is not a very moisturizing hand cream but like I've said, I'm not fussy.


I have two bottles of liquid foundation tucked in the pink box and they are the L'oreal Lucent Magique Liquid Foundation in N7 and Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in Ivory. These are the two liquid foundations that I use the most and they're placed outside for easy access. I have been wearing more powder foundation recently because of the heat and the humidity and I haven't reached for these as much. I will start using them again once the weather becomes more forgiving.


Most of the products in my skin care routine are not must-haves and I will be trying out other products once I've used them up. I will post an update when there is a big change in my routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment