Thursday, June 13

Review: NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss

I'm not a lip gloss kind of girl. I used to love it when I first started using make up years ago but as I grew older, I started enjoying lipsticks more and I think I might have stopped using lip gloss for quite awhile. I feel that lip glosses are much more high maintenance as they have the potential to dry out and cling on to the dry patches of your lips, creating the most disastrous lip look ever. I also really hated wearing lip gloss on windy days because my hair gets stuck onto my lips.

I started using lip gloss again after rediscovering my Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Peony late last year and I picked up the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Gold Pink just to get reacquainted with lip glosses. I really liked it and I went ahead to get it in three other colors.


The formulation of the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss is generally great. I say generally because I believe that the formulation of the different colors differ slightly as they wear differently on my lips. They are all rather lightweight and non-sticky but some of the colors will dry out and leave awful patches on my lips.

Gold Pink is my favorite. It's a shade of true pink packed with fine gold shimmer. The shimmer is very fine so it doesn't look too crazy on the lips. It's not very pigmented but it gives a nice wash of color on your lips and I like to wear this on its own. The formulation of Gold Pink is great and it wears really nicely.



My second favorite of the four that I have is Smokey Look. The color leans slightly towards a peachy nude and it has fine silver shimmer going through it. The peachy undertone and the shimmer helps to add dimension to the otherwise flat nude and it doesn't make me look dead. The formulation is rather similar to Gold Pink and it doesn't dry out on my lips, which is a plus!


I also have the NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Nude Peach, which is not a shade of nude at all in my opinion. It's a bright color with very fine silver shimmer that does not really show up on the lips. It's a gorgeous color but unfortunately, the formulation is not the best and I prefer to wear this on top of a coral or peach lipstick.


The NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige is a highly raved about product. If you've heard about this product, you would have most probably heard that the color is not what the name suggests. It's a shade of dusty pink that has no shimmer or glitter in it at all. Despite all the raves, this is actually my least favorite shade. I find that the formulation doesn't wear as well and it has the greatest potential out of the four to dry out and become patchy. In terms of the color, I find that this shade makes me look a little bit dead because the color is rather flat. Personally, I like my lip glosses to have a bit of shimmer to give them that extra dimension.


I find that these lip glosses can be rather hit-or-miss depending on the formulation. I do recommend these because some of these NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss have great formulation and color. They are very affordable and they all have a really strong sweet scent which I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment